B.Sc (CBZ) – AMAL College, Anakapalle
M.Sc (Life Sciences) – Hyderabad Central University, Gachhibowli, Hyderabad.
M.Phil (Life Sciences)- Same as above
Ph.D (Life Sciences)- Same as above
- Post-doctoral fellow on Cancer Biology (2000-2001) – Fels Institute for Cancer Research
and Molecular Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA
- Post-doctoral fellow on inherited platelet disorders (2001-2005)- Sol Sherry Thrombosis
Research Center, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Scientist on inherited platelet disorders (2005-2011)- Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research
Center, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Senior Scientist (group leader) (2011-2012) – Virchow Biotech Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad, India
- Scientist on inherited platelet disorders (2013-current) – Sol Sherry Thrombosis
- Research Center, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
Patients with inherited platelet bleeding disorders are commonly encountered in clinical
practice. In these patients the underlying molecular mechanisms leading to the platelet
dysfunction are unknown. In collaboration with a medical doctor Dr. A. Koneti Rao, MD who
gets these patients to him for treatment, I have studied platelet signaling processes in
them and have delineated hitherto undescribed abnormalities in key signaling proteins. In
addition, I have focused on an important genetic deficiency of a transcription factor
RUNX1 causing lack of synthesis of various genes which ar critical in platelet production
and activation. Transcription factor RUNX1 is a key protein to control platelet genes on
and off in the genome. Our patients are genetically deficient of this transcription factor
and its targets genes. I have addressed the underlying molecular mechanisms and
provided the evidences in these patients. These results were presented at various national and international meetings and published in peer reviewed journals. These studies helped health professionals to better diagnose the inherited bleeding disorders and also developed new hypotheses for further investigations in related disorders like cardiovascular and thrombosis.
She was a winner of Dr. Erwin Margulis Award competitions (2009) and Young scientist award in excellence of thrombosis research (2010) from ASIOA nominations in Experimental Biology meeting from USA.
Please click on the link for publications.